[Server-devel] Host AP on XO-1.75 and XO-3

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:03:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> Just wondering whether the XO-1.75 and XO-3 will be capable of hosting
> a wireless network.
>
> I'm asking because we are interested in using an XO as a lightweight XS server.

There is a very early implementation of hostap code (based on a
thinfirm) for the Libertas chip.

Your current options are

 - add a usb-ethernet + AP
 - add a usb-wlan that is known to run well in hostap mode

getting hostap to work (and to work well and reliably!) is a long road.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com