[Server-devel] mesh and newer builds

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Oct 12 05:14:26 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> 1) I have a XS-on-XO-1 which shows up in the Neighborhood as
> school-mesh-0 but when I connect the XO client, I get a
> 169.254.xxx.xxx address and the XO won't register. If I connect to
> mesh1, I get a 172.18.xxx.xxx address, and the XO registers.

As Jerry says, we need more description here. How are you connecting
to school-mesh-0, and how are you connecting to mesh1? I have never
seen either of those terms appear in the UI - can you be more
specific, take a screenshot, etc?

> 2) I am seeing similar behavior with a mesh antenna (prototype black
> box with screw-on antenna) in Bhagmalpur
> (http://bhagmalpur.wordpress.com/)
>
> I take it that this change of behavior is due to dropping support for
> mesh in newer builds? Any way to change this on the server to gain
> expected behavior ?

When you say "newer builds" which versions are you referring to specifically?
We have not intentionally or knowingly decreased the mesh support
since early 2010 when we dropped support for Mesh Point Portals, but
that is not what you are working with.

Daniel