[Server-devel] deregister laptops

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Sun May 15 20:21:10 EDT 2011

HI, what I am trying to do is restore an XO-1 running build
860/0.84.31/Q2E45 that has been registered on one XS to a condition where it
can be registered on another XS. When you register, the "register" option
disappears from the options on the home page when you point at the icon in
the middle. We want that back again so it can be used with another XS. On
previous versions you would use Terminal and
/rm/home/olpc/.sugar/default/config

I tried sugar-control-panel -c registration and get this error:

sugar-control-panel: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have
stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/
for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not
receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)

I must be missing something obvious? Of course we can always reinstall but
would prefer more elegant solution ...

David Leeming