[Server-devel] Hardaware compatibility

Kaçandre Bourdelais kacandre at franxophonie.org
Mon Mar 14 14:28:37 EDT 2011

Hi the Server-Devel team,

Reuben referred me to your community.

In preparation to a deployment in Gabon, we're testing with Logic Supply the XS school server on the following system:

SolidLogic Atom GS-L02 Fanless Mini-ITX System (Atom-GS-L02)
	Mainboard: Intel D945GSEJT Johnstown and HP81
	Case: Serener GS-L02 Fanless Mini-ITX Case - Black
	Memory: 200-pin DDR2 800 SO-DIMM 2GB
	HDD Standard & Flash: 3.5" Seagate SATA 7200rpm 1TB
	CD/DVD Drive: None
	AC Adapter (brick): AC Power Adapter 60W, 12V (PW-12V5A)
	Accessories: None
	Backplate: None
	Power Switch: None - Unit will be set to Auto-Power-On
	Wireless: None
	Wireless Antenna: None
	Mounting: None
	Operating System: None
	Build and Test: Build & Test: Fanless - Standard (3-5 full business days)
	Warranty: 1 Year Warranty (Standard)

Also, we'll be using the IlovemyXO USB LAN adapters to link to a switch and 3 PoE access points.

Tomasz at Logic Supply did the Kickstart installation on the system using the last stable image http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xs/OLPC-School-Server-0.6-i386.iso .

It installed properly. However, when he rebooted it he saw two errors before the login screen:

1. klogctl: Invalid argument
2. Kdump: failed

I think kdmup was the logging mechanism, I'm not sure about the other one.

After these two messages, the OS loads to the logon screen.

Can you let me know if these two are significant and if there's incompatibility with the hardware?

Thanks,

Cordialement,
Cordially,

Kaçandre Bourdelais
FranXOphonie
http://www.franxophonie.org
kacandre at franxophonie.org
IRC Channel: irc://irc.freenode.net/franxophonie
skype: kacandre