[Server-devel] info on current deployments

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:42:34 EST 2011

Further to David Farning's email concerning Dextrose Server, there's a
couple of questions I'd like to ask about existing deployments using the XS
server in the field. What I'm wondering is how XS servers have been
customised for various regions and uses. What kind of hardware has been used
(ram, disk space, raid 1,5,10, gigabit or 100mb, etc) and what kind of
software has been added on top of the base XS. In this respect I'm wondering
if deployments have needed regionalised filters for web traffic, auditing
tools to manage in the field servers, other security (e.g ssh hardening,
nagios, firewall rules, etc)

Any information could help to extend the existing XS for specific user
cases...

kind regards,
David Van Assche