[Server-devel] pungi vs anaconda buildinstall: TMPDIR works, local cache ignored...

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 27 22:08:00 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 17:01 +0000, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 09:10 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> > Working with Pungi 2.1.4 to build the School Server OLPC spin (which
> > fir test purposes is being done on F14, though that's not the final
> > target).
> >
> > - Seems like Pungi has for a long time avoided setting a smart TMPDIR
> > when calling anaconda's buildinstall. This uses a sizable chunk of
> > /tmp . I've pached  pypungi/__init__.py to set it, and it works fairly
> > well (for me at least). Was going to post a patch but v2.5.0 has been
> > completely reworked.
> >
> > - The buildinstall process is dog slow for me -- because buildinstall
> > is ignoring the pungi cache and grabbing it all itself, again. Is this
> > expected? Should pungi add a "repo" of it's own local cache?
> >
> > Looking at pungi's git repo, I ended up looking at Lorax code -- so I
> > gather patches to scratch my own itch won't be merged.
> >
> > Keen on hearing when new pungi plus new lorax can build a F14 image.
>
> From my scripts , http://sergiomb.no-ip.org/pungi/confs/
>
> pungi -c f$VER-fedora.ks --destdir=/home/pungi/fedora
> --cachedir=/home/pungi/cache --name Fedora --ver $VER --nosource -GC
> echo "Gather and Createrepo Done!"
>
> pungi -c f$VER-fedora.ks --destdir=/home/pungi/fedora
> --cachedir=/home/pungi/cache --name Fedora --ver $VER --nosource -B
>

> #pungi -c f$VER-fedora.ks --destdir=/home/pungi
> --cachedir=/home/pungi/cache --name Fedora --ver $VER --nosource -I
> --force
>
> -I option never worked , that why is comment, but  -B do a complete
> repo.
> And easily  http://sergiomb.no-ip.org/pungi/respin.repo
> with http: or file: you can install fedora in any computer with network.
> You can use askmethod , make usb bootable disk, or
> http://gofedora.com/how-to-install-fedora-without-cd-dvd/
>
> also works with preupgrade , you just have to make a custom
> releases.txt , like http://sergiomb.no-ip.org/pungi/releases.txt

I almost forgot , pungi (on buildinstall) also creates boot.iso which
you may able to create usb boot disk ,
mount -o loop /home/sergio/Fedora-10-Beta-x86_64-DVD.iso /mnt/disk/
umount /dev/sdb1
mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb1
cd /mnt/disk/images/
/usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk boot.iso /dev/sdb1

mount /dev/sdb1 /media/disk/
# verify if you got install.img in images folder
if not
mkdir /media/disk/images/
cp install.img /media/disk/images/

or burn as a cd/dvd boot disk