[Server-devel] pungi vs anaconda buildinstall: TMPDIR works, local cache ignored...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:10:48 EST 2011

Working with Pungi 2.1.4 to build the School Server OLPC spin (which
fir test purposes is being done on F14, though that's not the final
target).

- Seems like Pungi has for a long time avoided setting a smart TMPDIR
when calling anaconda's buildinstall. This uses a sizable chunk of
/tmp . I've pached  pypungi/__init__.py to set it, and it works fairly
well (for me at least). Was going to post a patch but v2.5.0 has been
completely reworked.

- The buildinstall process is dog slow for me -- because buildinstall
is ignoring the pungi cache and grabbing it all itself, again. Is this
expected? Should pungi add a "repo" of it's own local cache?

Looking at pungi's git repo, I ended up looking at Lorax code -- so I
gather patches to scratch my own itch won't be merged.

Keen on hearing when new pungi plus new lorax can build a F14 image.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com