[Server-devel] wwwoffle?

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:44:43 EST 2011

On Jan 22, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Anna <aschoolf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wasn't me!  I tried to get it to work the other day on my test server
>
> Ah true, it was Andra! I'm all mixed up...

Yes... it was me. I input the  "WWWOFFLE for unreliable or intermittent internet connections" section of the "XS Techniques and Configuration". I am running wwwoffle on an XS in Kenya, and it is helping out a lot. In fact, we have loaded up a ton of educational site pages to the XS while on high speed connection, and all this material is available to the students even when the XS is offline, which is most of the time. We have created courses in Moodle where the topics are groupings of educational categories, and each educational site is add to the topic as a "link to a website" resource.

As you can tell from the method I used, it is a manual process, and Martin has asked me to work on making it a little more integral to the build, so that a script can take care of switching between Squid and wwwoffle for instance.

I have not had the time to develop this yet, and will be going back to Kenya soon. I hope to carve out some time soon, but if you want to jump in, that would be great.

Andy (Andra is my legal/formal name).