[Server-devel] Pungi features - (was: Is pungi the preferred composer for installers?)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jan 19 20:44:02 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 18:50:53 -0500,
  Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > Pungi is what is used for the install images released by the Fedora Project.
> > So for install images it makes sense to use that tool.
>
> Thanks! So we turn to trying to do what I used to do with revisor,
> which I am not sure pungi supports
>
>  - A custom, locally defined comps file -- how is that done for Spins?
> For example, how would you build the server spin based on the files at
> http://dmach.fedorapeople.org/server-spin/ ?

You can point to a private repo that has a customized comps file.

>  - Can I copy a kickstart file in the resulting iso?

I am not sure what you are asking here. You do supply a ks file for pungi
to use to build the iso. If you really are trying to get a copy of the
ks on the resulting iso, worse case is you put it in an rpm in a custom
repo and specify that package in the ks file. There are probably easier
ways to do it though.

>  - Can I set the syslinux menu? What I normally do is set the defaul
> menu item to use the provided ks...

There should be some way to adjust the menu, but I don't know how to do it.