[Server-devel] XS-0.7 plans -- your thoughts please...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:29:35 EST 2011

Ay ay ay!

This last 12 months have been frantic, as I've ended up biting off a
ton more than common sense would recommend to chew. And then chewing,
slowly, awkwardly. Good things have come out of the hard work of this
year, but the XS has been delayed.

One good piece of news is that I've helped deploy more XSs in the
field, both in person and through this list. So I think we have good
feedback on what to streamline and make easier.

And I have a window of time to hack on it. So... the plan is roughly
the same as it was in
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2009-October/004139.html
- except that I'll start drafting the build on top of F14.

My actual plan is to have the packages for RHEL6 / CentOS6, which will
give us a more stable platform. With less churn, I get to spend more
of my limited time on interesting work :-)

So -- going back on the traffic we've see in the last 24 months, what
would you highlight? What have people asked for (that wasn't
easy/trivial/possible)? What problems have we heard that were hard to
diagnose...?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com