[Server-devel] Notes on Flashing the NAND over the LAN

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 17 16:25:23 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 03:06:52PM -0600, Anna wrote:
> I looked into this a little more and found, per http://httpd.apache.org/docs/
> trunk/mod/mod_reqtimeout.html that module is for Apache 2.2.15 and later.  The
> Apache version on XS 0.6 is a bit long in the tooth.
>
> [root at schoolserver ~]# httpd -v
> Server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Unix)
> Server built:   Jul 14 2008 15:36:56
>
> Anyone have ideas for a workaround?

I suspect there is a timeout in Apache core for that version, and that
2.2.15 moved the feature into a module.  See the TimeOut directive:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#timeout

The default of five minutes seems quite sufficient.

You might also prove if it is a cause, using tcpdump to capture the port
80 TCP stream, then analyse it to see if the connection was closed
prematurely by the server.  Only then try changing the timeout.

If you see OpenFirmware's side of the packet stream misbehaving, let me
know.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/