[Server-devel] wwwoffle?

Dan Zubey dzubey at openincident.com
Tue Feb 22 01:39:05 EST 2011

Well, I had been wondering where was the *appropriate* place to post it.
heh. I've uploaded it to http://openincident.com/download/xs-wwwoffle.sh
and http://openincident.com/download/xs-wwwoffle-conf.tgz

The first is the actual script, the second is a tarball of the config
files for under /etc/xs-wwwoffle. Under root dir, just tar xzvf
xs-wwwoffle-conf.tgz

The script does significant checking to make sure the new config
directory is there, and moves the default xs-wwwoffle out of the way.

I spent some time adding checks to see if squid is actually used, and
doesn't start it up if it's not there. So if you don't want to have the
script use squid, just simply chmod 644 /usr/sbin/squid

The script and configuration does not touch the cache, and I've disabled
auto purging. Even so, do make a backup copy of the pre-primed cache
directory before use.

To use the script, just run it with xs-wwwoffle.sh start. It does it's
checks, and forks the check loop into the background. You can stop the
check loop, disable wwwoffle and re-enable squid (if applicable) with
xs-wwwoffle.sh stop.

I'm sure it's far from perfect, but let me know what issues there are,
and I'll try my best to fix.

Thanks,

-Dan