[Server-devel] OLPC and Khan Academy: Project page

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:00:14 EST 2011

Quick thoughts on this:

OLPCA are in touch with KA about getting permission to distribute their
[NC-SA] videos to deployments, particularly in cases where we are building
their servers or laptop images for them.  This looks promising, and should
be resolved by the time any related projects or tools are finished.

Among the larger deployments it would be good to hear from here are Ceibal
and OLPC Oceania, both having expressed an interest in making KA videos
more widely available to their students.

>From a usability standpoint, anyone using KA videos across a school or
school system who has written about the experience would make an excellent
point of reference.  I will see if we can get in touch with someone who the
Khan staff look to as a model.

SJ