[Server-devel] OLPC school Server Installation advise

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 27 20:59:45 EST 2010

Hi Satya,

Just to be clear, are you following the instructions at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software and using the XS 0.6 iso as
a CD?

I just tried it on an old Dell, and it progresses for me in kickstart mode.

However, I also tried text mode reinstall with a blank HDD and took all
defaults.  On reboot selinux halted complaining about policy.23 file not
found.

My kickstart file has

# SELinux configuration
selinux --disabled

so this may be a difference between the two install methods and a bug in the
install.

Looks like bug 8946.

Not sure what else to try.  If you install from a bootable usb drive you
could change the kickstart file, but that gets pretty complicated.

Tim