[Server-devel] Assistance with Setting up the School Server

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Thu Nov 25 13:54:47 EST 2010

Do u mean as student, teacher or admin?
Connect to the XS network via wifi or LAN. It should give u an IP address
and route your traffic.
Type schoolserver into browser URL. You are now connected.
If you want non XOs to have accounts you have to create them using the admin
login (refer wiki for instructions to get admin password  ) or naybe using
the first XO to register (they are course Creator so I  think they have
rights).
On moodle home page use "users" in admin menu to add new users.

Tabitha
On 26 Nov 2010 04:13, "HALL,Brian C" <brian.hall02 at uwimona.edu.jm> wrote:
> One more thing how do i connect to the School Server from a non XO
machine? Like from a regular laptop or PC.

server-devel-bounces at lists.laptop.org] On Behalf Of HALL,Brian C [
brian.hall02 at uwimona.edu.jm]
> Sent: 25 November 2010 10:08
> To: Sameer Verma
> Cc: ANTOINE,Alexander I; server-devel at lists.laptop.org; MILLER,Kevin J
> Subject: Re: [Server-devel] Assistance with Setting up the School Server
>
> Sameer,
>
> Thanks i have now set the set the domain name. Its for a basic school
hence i use the name providence.org

> The is only one network card on the server. I realise that we may have to
acquire an external wireless card/adapter in order for the XO's to
communicate with the server. Is there a recommended external wireless
card/adapter that you can recommend?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software#Setting_hostname_and_domain