[Server-devel] CONNECTIVITY

Carlos Daniel Garay Ayala cgaray at paraguayeduca.org
Fri Nov 12 07:14:54 EST 2010

Hi, eth0 by default gets its ip from DHCP . If you need to configure a
static ip address edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0-local

Example:

[cgaray at schoolserver ~]$ cat
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0-local
#### To set a static address, copy or rename this file to
####   /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0-local
#### and set the values below appropriately
IPADDR=190.104.158.107
# IPV6ADDR=2001:4830:2446:ff00::2/64
NETMASK=255.255.255.224
GATEWAY=190.104.158.97