[Server-devel] documentation for customizing XS ISO

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Tue May 4 12:01:50 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 12:15 -0300, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I saw some "official" documentation once for how deployments
> can customize kickstart, add more packages, etc. Can't find it now.
> Was I dreaming?

Just what is at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Techniques_and_Configuration

I've got a routine to add rpms to a second repo on a usb installer key,
and then have the rpms incorporated into the base install. Interested?

> We're hitting various roadblocks in La Rioja and I'd like to make sure
> we're following what's documented, and that the docs are correct.
> Right now we are struggling because installation media is not
> available during %post.

If your copying stuff from the install media to the servers filesystem,
you would need to use %post --nochroot and the paths that are present in
the installer. The install media will be mounted at /mnt/source for
CDROMS/DVD, /mnt/isodir for hd/nfs, while the new system is mounted
at /mnt/sysimage.

Hope this helps,

Jerry