[Server-devel] Fwd: [SoaS] wireless connection school server

Reuben K. Caron reuben at laptop.org
Mon Mar 29 11:59:31 EDT 2010

On Mar 29, 2010, at 8:42 AM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> [Forwarding to the XS list]

What wireless network are the XOs connected to?

> I have one PC netbook running SOAS 2 Blueberry. I can connect
> wirelessly but it gives me a different network 10.42.xxx.xxx (or
> close). The wireless icon on the SOAS shows me “connected to the
> school server” but I can’t access any resources or register etc.

Is this connected to the same wireless network? The same exact AP? If
you have multiple APs are they all configured to act as a bridge to
the wired network so that the XS can hand out IP addresses?2

snip

> What would I see if I had 2 or more computers running SOAS, connecting
> wirelessly? Should they be receiving IP addresses in the default range
> (172.18.0.0) or the other range I was observing (10.42.xxx.xxx)?

They should all have 172 addresses. Tell us more about how your
networking is setup.

Regards,

Reuben