[Server-devel] Fwd: [SoaS] wireless connection school server

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:09:42 EDT 2010

David,
Today was my first attempt at using SOAS on a PC. Actually I
loaded it onto and Acer Aspire One netbook. When I connected
wirelessly to my XS server access point, my IP was the standard
172.18.96.* and after changing the default server address
under / My Settings / Network, I registered onto the server
with no problem. Actually, this was the first "XO" to ever register
onto my server, so it was given the course creator role.

I'm not sure why your PC was assigned a different network.
You should check to see how DHCP was set up on your wireless
connection. Or maybe someone here will have an explanation.

Bottom line for me right now is that my netbook is connected
wirelessly and registered as if it was an XO (running Sugar of course).

Andy