[Server-devel] Web Caching Issues

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 20:52:27 EDT 2010

I ultimately got wwwoffle working and will make a complete posting on how soon. From a big picture perspective, I installed the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 .rpm from the atrpms.net link (wwwoffle-2.8b-2.0.1.el5.i386.rpm). In the wwwoffle.conf file I changed "http-port = 8080" to "http-port = 3128" and in the AllowedConnectHosts section I put "172.18.96.*" which is the IP address range of my access point. Finally I had to set my proxy to 172.18.0.1 port 3128 . I did not have to make any changes to the localhost settings in the wwwoffle.conf file.

It would be great to be able to use version 2.9 if you could get a good rpm for it.

Thanks for your help,
Andy