[Server-devel] Collaboration server for existing network

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:18:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:
> And indeed, the XS services are intended for such reuse.   I'm not sure
> how many patches to the stock ejabberd are still needed...

It's not so much the patches (you can grab the ejabberd-xs rpm from
our repo), but the integration with other aspects.

ejabberd is integrated with moodle which is integrated with
registration. The basics are registration + moodle + ejabberd. Less
than that and you really don't have the goods.

(Yes, you can get just get our patched ejabberd, but configuring it is
messy, and it'll only work nicely with a small school, say less than
50~60 users.)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com