[Server-devel] XS on Mac Mini

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 00:48:34 EST 2010

I am still planning on completing the port of XS to  ARM for the Sheevaplug /  OpenRD Client.
I recently  placed an order for a Guruplug Server Plus to add to my collection of Kirkwood SOC based devices.

The main delay I have had is waiting for an up to date kernel to become available for board implementations (mach_type) using the kirkwood SOC.
This is now available but not in the mainline.

The Sheevaplug has one USB, one SDHC, and one ethernet port.
The Guruplug ServerPlus has esata, 2 USB ports, 2 ethernet ports, wifi, bluetooth etc.
The OpenRd Client has sata  / estata  as well as 7 USB and SDHC and 2 ethernet ports.

Wad, I have been running a USB hard drive for months connected to a sheevaplug with no problems.
It is a matter of picking the correct drive and enclosure combination.

I performed a code review of the XS source in preparation for porting.  I have to dig out my notes and compose an email to Martin
 with some questions and observations.  I hope to send the email to Martin this weekend.

It is late and time for sleep
rihoward1 at gmail.com