[Server-devel] XS on Mac Mini

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Tue Mar 2 20:40:58 EST 2010

It would be interesting to hear what the remaining hurdles are.

The Kirkwood ARM processor in the guruplug should be well
supported by the current Fedora release --- this may be mostly
a matter of moving to an F12 base.

My main concern with the guruplug would be the external USB
disks (overheating or disappearing).   The same hardware should
be available in a NAS (networked attached storage unit), wrapped
around a hard drive in an enclosure --- the Marvell ARM is a popular
choice.

We have good relations with Marvell, and have been encouraging
them to get support for their ARM processors upstream for
several years now.

wad