[Server-devel] XS on Mac Mini

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Mar 2 09:09:49 EST 2010

I was talking to Timothy Falconer who is planning deployments in Haiti and
Patrick Giagnocavo founder of Zill.net our sysadmin and hosting company
about this.

Patrick suggests:  http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/c-4-guruplugs.aspx

the specs on the Plus version that is $129
2x Gigabit ethernet plus Wifi

But I don't think any one has tried it yet.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 1:19 AM, David Leeming
> <david at leeming-consulting.com> wrote:
> > Sorry if this has been asked before. The Mac Mini was tested by someone
> here
> > with a watt meter and ran between 16 and 30 watts max. Very useful for
> solar
> > powered locations.
>
> Agreed with Peter -- it'll just work, but other boxes may be cheaper,
> and most importantly, may be better suited to hot & humid
> environments.
>
> Whatever you use, let us know how it goes!

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>  - ask interesting questions

Caroline Meeks