[Server-devel] XS on Mac Mini

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 05:11:21 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:19 AM, David Leeming
<david at leeming-consulting.com>wrote:

>  Sorry if this has been asked before. The Mac Mini was tested by someone
> here with a watt meter and ran between 16 and 30 watts max. Very useful for
> solar powered locations.
>

> Are there any issues with installing XS on one?

I don't believe there should be any issues as the Mac Minis are well
supported on Fedora which is what the XS is based upon. The Mac Mini servers
with 2 disks would be good as they provide some resilience.

The other device you may want to look at for low powered devices are the
eeeBox devices which are atom based so will use even less power.

Regards,
Peter