[Server-devel] Database connection failed

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Sat Jun 19 01:16:51 EDT 2010

Dusting my demo XS off for another mission I am getting a Moodle error
"Database connection failed, It is possible that the database is overloaded
or otherwise not running properly" when I connect with an XO and go to Local
Schoolserver from Browse activity.

On starting the XS it waits a long time at "starting pgsql-xs service" and
says "postmaster does not start" and a load of other stuff.

Is there any obvious cause? I'd hate to have to rebuild it, not having an
image available for quick recovery L

David Leeming

Solomon Islands