[Server-devel] Configuration Management Automation : cfpull

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 15:45:21 EDT 2010

Hi Mike,

good to see you are thinking along this lines. How advanced are you
down this specific track with cfpull?

For XS, several deployments are using Puppet, and after a bit of
review, I am extremely happy with Puppet, to the extent that expect
that (when time allows) we'll have whatever's needed to make Puppet
easy to run for XSs.

Puppet comes from the hands of a veteran of many 'automatic
configuration' tools (Luke Kaines) who's hacked plenty on ISConf (my
favourite) and cfengine (my not-favourite ;-) ). He soaked the good
and the bad of both, and wrote Puppet.

http://madstop.com/2008/11/01/a-short-history-of-puppet-pt1/

http://madstop.com/2008/11/06/a-short-puppet-history-pt-2-cfengine/

Project homepage http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects