[Server-devel] Help for unreliable ADSL and cable modems: bounce-eth0.sh

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Mon Jul 26 19:22:56 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Xavier Carcelle
<xavier.carcelle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you give the exact model and reference of this cable-modem and
> potentially the SoC (System on Chip) and the Ethernet chip used on
> this modem to dig the driver issues.

I am back home now -- Juan Guillermo Narvaez has the gear and can give
us specifics. Juan, can you post detailed info on the NIC on the XS,
and on the exact modem model?

[ What I remember is that the NIC was a 'mii' device on an IBM
SOHO-style minitower server. The cablemodem is a Motorola modem I've
used before without trouble with Linux boxes. Cannot remember model,
apologies. ]