[Server-devel] Samoa Deployment - planned hardware for 30 July 2010

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Tue Jul 20 07:02:47 EDT 2010

This deployment involves "only" 50 laptops in each of two schools with 8
to 10 classrooms. I'm not sure if the laptops stay in two classrooms or
if they move around the whole school.

The 400mW Ubiquiti device seems a good choice for a smaller number of
laptops over a wider area, but I'm no expert on these things. How many
walls can the TL-WR741ND penetrate? Is a higher transmit power only
really relevant if you're talking to an equally powerful partner? Is the
building penetration limited by the less powerful laptop?