[Server-devel] Journal and Google

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sun Jul 18 05:04:08 EDT 2010

Hi

Has anyone tried backing up the Journal to Google docs? A school told us
they are using google apps (for education) and would like Sugar to store the
Journal in Google clouds. Really, what they would like is a backup system so
loss of the device doesn't mean the loss of all the student's work -- the
school server provides a backup system, this may be sufficient. Does anyone
have success stories we can show them along the "Little Johnny started
learning how to customise his operating system now his XO won't boot, we
reflashed it, and all his Sugar activity work was restored from the XS".

I'm guessing tight integration with a cloud isn't a design goal of the
school server but if it can hand off to the cloud this would make them
happier. They have a google partner who can make at least some magic happen,
does anyone have any pointers on how to do a feasibility study?

Google Education Apps: http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/edu/index.html

Thanks
Tabitha