[Server-devel] XS on XO 1.5

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 16:11:46 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> Has anyone tried this? I try booting the current image, but it fails
> in OFW. Cannot open boot device.

As Jerry points out, uncharted waters.

 - XS-0.6 for XO is based on F9, with a special kernel that boots only
on XO-1 hw.

 - You'll need a kernel grabbed from our XO-1.5 OSs -

 - To run the Libertas wifi as an AP (hostap mode) you'll need a
kernel module and thinfirmware that aren't ready yet (some hackish
alphas are available from our wiki).

 - That kernel will probably not match well with the F9 environment.

So you need 3 pre-requisites: a more complete thinfirm for the
libertas device, a kernel rpm with that compiled in ;-), and a more
complete F-11-based XS OS.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com