[Server-devel] XO Registration Failed with XS

ganesh gajre gnowledge.ganesh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 04:41:31 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Hamilton Chua <hamilton.chua at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Ganesh,
>>
>> I wrote this down a while back when I was figuring out how to get SoaS to
>> register and backup with an XS, hope this helps you.
>>
>> The registration process begins when an XO laptop user clicks on the
>> avatar and then clicks Register from the drop down menu. This action
>> executes */usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jarabe/desktop/schoolserver.py
>> *. This python script gathers the following required information from the
>> XO laptop in order to register with the schoolserver :
>>
>>    - serial number
>>    - nickname
>>    - uuid
>>    - SSH pubkey
>>
>> I had upgraded and test on the xo build OS-802. I check the given path for
school server  */usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ *there I don't find
jarabe directory.

Also, the registering of XO to server still big hassle for me. It's very
important for me to bind all the XO to the Server.

Please give me suggestion how to overcome this problem.

> This data is sent via xmlrpc over port 8080 to the Identity Manager service
>> on the school server. The identity manager is a python script located in
>> */usr/bin/registration-server* on the school server. This service
>> receives the information and validates the serial number. The information is
>> then inserted into an sqlite3 database. It will then send back the following
>> information to the XO laptop.
>>
>>    - success
>>    - backupurl
>>    - backuppath
>>    - jabberserver
>>
>> Added to wiki at
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/School_Identity_Manager#XO_registration_process
>  .
>
> The other content on that page probably should be reviewed as it has not
> been updated significantly since November 2008.

Ganesh (Dragger)
Be a FOSSERS, use GNU/Linux