[Server-devel] Successful registration! [was Re: Ejabberd crash (first test with SOAS Blueberry)]

rayb at apc.edu.ph rayb at apc.edu.ph
Sat Jan 9 02:31:36 EST 2010

Hi, Martin,

I'm not sure exactly how it happened but I did finally get a successful registration.

To recap, the client machine is an MSI Wind U100 booting from blueberry-SOAS.
I changed the access point.  It is now a D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G (DWL-2100AP).  We did the procedure described in http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Techniques_and_Configuration#Access_Points under the topic "Zoom Wireless-G 4400".

We also set a static IP for the server--though I noticed that on a cold boot the server seems to get its address via DHCP and needs a network restart to get the static address back.

The first 2-3 attempts resulted in "Registration failed" messages on the netbook.  The last one succeeded.  Trying to think what changed, I recall that when I looked in the Neighborhood view both access points that I had used were visible, and the netbook was associated with the old one (Linksys).  So I disconnected from it and then connected to the D-Link one.

I guess I should try to connect some other clients to have a better idea of what's going on.

Thanks again,

Ray