[Server-devel] Plans for a new xs release?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Aug 9 13:44:41 EDT 2010

Martin,

I was wondering if there are any plans to rebase the schoolserver onto a
more recent version of Fedora.

We seem to have stability and performance issues with ejabberd bundled
with the XS 0.5. Probably also on 0.6, since it's also based on Fedora
9. I've also been running ejabberd on Karmic for a while. Stability has
been good for me, but it remains an arcane and hard to manage piece of
software.

Robert McQueen today proposed switching from ejabberd to Prosody, which
supposedly has a more active and helpful upstream. For more info, see
http://prosody.im/ .

Thoughts?