[Server-devel] Upstream Proxy

Mike Dawson mikeofmanchester at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 01:43:03 EDT 2010

Hi,

I guess that would be because by default when you define a peer all
traffic normally gets sent to that upstream proxy, which in this case
would be able to go back to the school server...

Put the schoolserver in an always_direct ACL and then traffic for the
school server will not go to the upstream proxy.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/always_direct/

In general whenever you have traffic going through squid and a local
server you need an always_direct ACL for whatever you run locally.

Regards,

-Mike