[Server-devel] Accessing a XS server from the WAN

samy boutayeb s.boutayeb at free.fr
Sat Apr 24 06:18:16 EDT 2010

Hi,
OLPC France has managed to install 2 XS Servers.
The first machine will be shipped to our deployment in Nosy Komba
(Madagascar). As for the second machine, it should be used for testing
and training purposes.

How do we manage to access to this server from the outside?

This training server is installed on a netbook (acer aspire one) with
one physical ethernet interface (eth0).
A second wired link is provided by an usb-to-lan adapter (interface
lanbond0).

Actually, the moodle server is accessed from another PC (non XO) via
this lanbond0 interface.

As I am not a network expert, I didn't manage to access from the public
interface (provided by the eth0 interface) from inside the LAN. Another
issue is that the server keep invisible to an XO (even if IP addresses
are assigned to the wireless interfaces mshbond0, mshbond1 and mshbond2,
with 172.18.10.1, 172.18.12.1 and 172.18.14.1).

Comments appreciated

regards,
samy