[Server-devel] make-server-delegations output and importing to XS

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Thu Apr 22 16:39:27 EDT 2010

> I propose a different design:

Works for me as long as you also craft a script that handles the run
from a whole CSV file.

In other words, the main workflow starts with a single 3-field CSV
file exported from an inventory system...

> Thinking on an ongoing basis, it also means that it's much easier to
> only generate delegations for the schools where the lists of laptops
> have changed. You can store md5sums of the one-file-per-school laptop
> lists and only re-run that school through the delegation generator if
> it has changed since yesterday.

Yep, that'd be a nice optimisation.

The base scripts pre-date my involvement, and have a horrible
approach. I was in a rush and "followed the style", which has ended up
not so pretty.

A rethink/rewrite is welcome now, before these become popular. I am
also thinking of splitting them off into a "olpc-bios-crypto-utils".
Makes no sense to carry (and build!) the slow-moving bios-crypto stuff
with our fast-moving glue scripts.

Did the lib ever get packaged as "libtomcrypt-audited" as was
discussed in fedora-devel?

- don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first