[Server-devel] Collaboration server for existing network

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 16:17:07 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Just checked git, I had to touch also idmanager.py in order to have it
>> respect the variable in the config file.
>> /BIND_ADDRESS/#BIND_ADDRESS
>
> Ok. So you had to unset the default value... then the code block below
> that (Config.__init__()), which reads /etc/idmgr.conf to read in
> overrides is failing to override it.

Actually, you may have had a misconfiguration. If you set BIND_ADDRESS
in /etc/idmgr.conf, there is no need to touch idmanager.py -- it reads
the value properly from the config file.

I've just tested such override, and it worked correctlyfor me. No
patching (to idmanager code) needed.

Of course the /etc/idmgr.conf we ship in xs-config is buggy, but the
program itself reads and obeys its configuration AFAICS...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com