[Server-devel] Collaboration server for existing network

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 12:42:14 EDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Think I've got the details little ironed out, with one little wrinkle,
>> idmgr looks like its ignoring it's idmgr.conf file, because BIND_DOMAIN
>> s/b BIND_ADDRESS. I had to # the BIND_ADDRESS in idmanager.py to get it
>> to respect the config file.  Should I file a ticket for this?
>
> Sure. The patch is trivial.

I am re-visiting this. Jerry emailed some patches privately and... I
think we misdiagnosed the problem.

To get this out of the way: we should not bind to 0.0.0.0 by default,
ever. The XS is normally a multihomed box, and one of those NICs opens
to a rough neighbourhood known as the open internet.

Now, the real issue seems to be that xs-config has the config name
wrong. I have fixed it in xs-config and rolled a new xs-config. The
olpcxs-testing repo has it ;-)

Jerry - can you confirm that that's the issue? Maybe your patches to
idmgr itself aren't needed?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com