[Server-devel] XS: Lanbond0 and eth0 problem

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 12 12:12:53 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 10:40 -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Juan G. Narvaez <gnrvzsix at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I made some changes on the ks.cfg file like keyboard layout, timezone,
> > etc...
> >
> > Can an alteration of ks.cfg be part of the problem? Obviously, an different
> > that ifcfg* configuration.
>
> Talking last night with Guillermo, he confirmed that a customisation
> in the ks.cfg had caused a conflict with our network stuff.
>
> He's now getting consistently successful XS installs.

Let me guess, there was a setting of the network parameters in the
kickstart file? I got around that by changing the git command in %post
to not do a checkout for eth0, just for eth1, letting the anaconda
version of ifcfg-eth0 remain on the system. The only result is that the
ifcfg-eth0 file doesn't reference /etc/sysconfig/xs_network_config, for
it's external network info.

Martin, what is the usage of having the XS in server role other than 1?
Perhaps going forward we should just manage eth1, using the available
tools on the os to allow users to set eth0 in a more "normal" way.

Jerry