[Server-devel] Web Caching for Areas with Intermittent

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Apr 9 20:38:54 EDT 2010

Last time I looked into this, apache's proxy was solely a reverse proxy,
and useless for our purposes.   That is no longer true, but the associated
mod_cache module still appears to be experimental.
In any case, squid currently provides the forward proxy/caching service
on the XS.

The issue is that most proxies cease functioning if they aren't
connected to the internet.   They only cache "cacheable" pages, etc.

Search back through the mailing list archives for Andra original
posts...
wad