[Server-devel] XS: Lanbond0 and eth0 problem

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 8 10:36:31 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 09:32 -0300, Juan G. Narvaez wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am in charge of the installation of XS 0.6 on IBM System X3200 M2,
> someone knows about specific problems, if exists, on that hardware?
>
> I have problems with the network configuration of the server. The eth0
> (WAN) does't request ip address and the eth1 (LAN) does't listening
> for DHCP requests. With 'dhclient eth0' works, but must be automatic
> on boot time.
>
> eth0 and lanbond0 after boot:
> http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3261/ifconfigeth0lanbond0.png

That is strange eth0 should come up with dhcp as the default, did you
try to modify /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0? Eth1 should be
bonded to lanbond0 and should not have an ip-address. Are you sure that
what you think eth0, is the same as what the system thinks it is.

Try this, unplug one of the card and run mii-tool, should return the
link state for the cards. If they are reversed, run xs-swapnics, then
reboot, the cards assignment should now be reversed.

Jerry