[Server-devel] Public folders

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 6 19:10:56 EDT 2010

The standard apache config file, httpd.conf in /etc/httpd/conf, or in our
case the file httpd-xs.conf, sets the "base" location as
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html".  So you don't actually need an Alias or
directory directive to get to "/var/www/html/public" via
http://schoolserver/library/public.  Alias /public/ overrides that.

Note that David also has his files in /library/Schools-Wikipedia, the reason
being that the stock xs install doesn't allocate much space to the root
partition where /var/www/html is found.  It puts library on a separate
volume with most of the disk there, so you will run out of space in
/var/www/html fairly quickly.

It sounds to me like your Alias and Directory directives are not doing
anything.  Perhaps the file is not getting loaded.  If you look at the

What happens if you access http://schoolserver.asilong.org/activities?