[Server-devel] Public folders

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 15:08:33 EDT 2010

Tim,
I am also looking for a way to have a digital library of .pdf files etc.
that can be accessed by any XO on an XS server. I have tried the
approach you outlined, but when I use Browse to go to
http://schoolserver/public it is not found. The server responds:

The requested URL /public was not found on this server.

My server domain is asilong.org, so my actual URL is
http://schoolserver.asilong.org/public
(this is as it should be.... right?)

I have tried going to schoolserver/library/public but it is not found either.

In terminal, I can go to the directory /library/public and my documents
are in the directory.

I doubled checked the xs-library-public.conf file in
the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory for typos but couldn't find any.

Any guess as to why I can't get to the files from Browse?

Thanks,
Andy