[Server-devel] PDF resources in public folders not opening in Reader

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 5 20:34:53 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 05:22:30PM +1000, David Leeming wrote:
> I do have a question, how will the two options (Browser plug in, or
> download and Read) compare in performance in a situation with say, 30
> students reading the same pdf book from the server.

When the plug in says "Loading", the whole PDF file is already present
on the laptop filesystem in its entirety, so the download has completed.

The plug in is actually rendering the PDF during this time, but the word

I don't think the effect on the server or the network will be any
different.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/