[Server-devel] Public folders

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 18:05:57 EDT 2010

> On Apr 1, 2010, at 4:41 PM, David Leeming wrote:
>
> Using the XS installed with default settings.
>
> I have been making folders public in /var/www/html and am able to view sub
> folders to be listed. I.e. if there is no specific html file, the whole
> contents of the folder appear in the browser. Fine that is what I want.
>
> However, when copying content into that folder I rapidly run out of space.
> It seems that the main disk space is in an another partition where the
> folder /library is located. This makes sense (i.e. to have a lot of room in
> the library...)

I haven't done this at a school, but this works on the server I run at home
for testing.  I have two hard drives - the smaller one is the operating
system as usual and the larger one (350GB) has two partitions for /home and
/var/www/html.  Both those partitions have /etc/fstab entries.

Not only do I have oodles of space for user and web stuff, but it makes
re-installation easier as I don't have to worry about restoring everyone's
stuff - just mount the partitions.

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham