[Server-devel] DNS/dhcp question

Gerald Ardito gerald.ardito at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:36:44 EDT 2009

Jerry,

I am not trying to be vague about anything. I would love to give you a sense
of what is happening. I want to apologize ahead for not being clear. Not all
of this makes perfect sense to me.

Current situation:
My XS box has 2 NICS
Eth0 connects to the school internet and has a static IP address
(10.125.105.153; subnet 255.255.248.0)
Eth1 connects to a VLAN set up for the XOs.
The Access Points for the VLAN point toward the XS box as the DHCP server
(so I'm told). I was given that IP address by my tech guy. Here are the
parameters: -IP range is 10.125.140.0
-Give the SchoolServer an IP address of 10.125.140.31,
-set up DHCP for a range of 10.125.140.100 - 254.
-Subnet mask should be 255.255.248.0

Ongoing questions:
1. I have been working under the assumption that eth1 should have the
Schoolserver address above (10.124.140.31). Is that correct?
2. What do I need to do (if anything) to configure the DHCP functions of the
XS?
3. Is there anything else you need to help with this.

Thanks.

Gerald