[Server-devel] DNS/dhcp question

Gerald Ardito gerald.ardito at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:21:38 EDT 2009

Jerry,

Yes, we are adding the XS server to an existing network.
Our tech people created a VLAN for the XOs, points to 10.125.140.31 as the
DHCP server. So, computers coming into the network from these APs have no
other DHCP servers. I have been assuming that I therefore have to set eth1,
which is connected to that VLAN, to that IP address. Is that correct?
We also have another LAN which has its own DHCP server. I can have the XOs
connect to our "regular" wireless network, and they get IP addresses and
connect to the internet. I have trouble having more than about 20 at a time
connect to our regular network, plus I want the benefits of the XS server.

Does this help?

Thanks.
Gerald