[Server-devel] server ecurity

Iñaki Arenaza iarenaza at eps.mondragon.edu
Tue Sep 22 06:38:27 EDT 2009

Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> writes:

> For the proxy, we are using Squid. If the solution we build depends on
> adding/removing rules from Squid, and that happens to need a squid
> restart, we will be in a world of pain. So we either avoid this, or
> switch http proxy.

You can use external_acl_type ACLs and use an external program that
checks the rules from any backend you want (files, databases, etc). This
way you won't need to restart/reload Squid at all. That's the way
SquidGuard et al work.

Saludos,
Iñaki.

--
Iñaki Arenaza

MONDRAGON UNIBERTSITATEA
Faculty of Engineering
Electronics and Computing Department
Loramendi 4, 20500 Arrasate-Mondragon (Spain)
Tel: +34 943739735 / Fax: +34 943791536
http://www.mondragon.edu/telematika