[Server-devel] server ecurity

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 04:39:35 EDT 2009

Hi Henry!

2009/9/19 Henry Vélez Molina <henry.laptop at gmail.com>:
> Our server is working very good with 0.5.2 version. But now, we have a big
> network in  the neighborhood that is coming to the children´s houses through
> each access point. For that reason we need to have a big security on the
> server to prevent access to unknown users to internet.

you are wanting to limit access to the internet only to XOs, so that
neighbours that have a laptop don't access the internet freely.
Correct?

The badnews: currently, the XS does not know how to do this. The good
news is that I think we can find a way for this to work in the next
few weeks.

This _will_ require that you use XS-0.6 however. Maybe it is a good
idea to start looking at upgrading that server.... :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com